Castlebar Town Council is responsible for many services within the town. Select the Service you need from the links below.
The Finance Section deals with the short and long term financing of all the Council's operations, both of a Revenue and Capital nature.
- Monitoring and controlling income and expenditure
- Arranging borrowing/leasing requirements
- Treasury Management
The Council also ensures that statutory and financial accounting principles, which apply to all money paid by or to the Council, are complied with.
The Council's revenue and day-to-day expenditure is defrayed from sources such as:
- Commercial rates
- Local Government Fund
- Government grants
- Housing rents, planning fees, commercial water charges and other fees.
The main sections within Finance are:
The Annual Budget
- Finance department prepares overall revenue budget in consultation with the Town Manager.
- Presents it to the Members for adoption at annual budget meeting.
The Annual Financial Statement
- Produced annually and shows financial results of previous year.
- Presented to members at council meeting.
- Accounts are audited by local government auditor.
Payment of Commercial Rates, Traffic Fines, Administration of Housing Rent & Loan Accounts.
- Registration of all invoices received.
- All invoices processed centrally in the Accounts Payable Section.
- Completion of Purchase to Pay cycle with regular cheque run.
This involves the payment of weekly wages and the fortnightly payment of salaries and pensions.
The Council's Insurance portfolio is administered by Finance Department. The main areas of activity are:
- Public Liability Insurance
- Employers Liability Insurance
- Fire and Motor Insurance